Tuesday 24 December 2013

Is it December already?

Oh my! Is it December already? I can't believe the last time I wrote was in February this year and since I started this blog I think this is the first time / year I have only written 3 posts in a year! So much about wanting to write more so that it's easier for me to do my annual stocktake on the past year. Tomorrow (technically it's already Christmas Eve since it's past 12am) will be Christmas Eve and I don't even feel the Christmassy mood yet. I don't know why too but in the past I used to look forward to my favourite season of the year, more so than Chinese New Year but this year the Christmassy feeling hasn't set in yet.

As people always say, Christmas is the time of giving and to me this doesn't just mean giving of gifts but of your time and love to the people around you, people whom you have taken for granted or you have been too busy to spend time with. I treasure this much more this year as my mom's health took a turn for the worst and I realise that we are growing up so fast or time is flying by so quickly everyday, every week, every month and every year. When you are a kid, you wish you will grow up faster, when you are an adult, you wish time will slow down. Such is the irony of life.

Anyway will be back for the reflection or highlights on 2013 on 1 Jan.

Have a blessed Christmas and an awesome new year!

Cheers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...