Saturday 5 June 2010

My apologies!

Sorry for the hiatus. I was hoping to make time to write a post about my UK trip and what I have been up to these couple of weeks but I couldn't find time to. Most often than not, I wish there are 48 hours in a day! Since I came back 2 weeks ago, besides trying to adapt to the difference in time and recovering from the jet lag (KS woke up at 5am twice to cook instant noodles!), there have been many changes at work that require adaptation as well. That's how the saying comes about how Change is the only constant.

I shall not go into the boring details but something that puts me a smile on my face today. I have been telling a few good friends that I wish I can win the local lottery so that I can open a cake shop that sells my cakes, baking supplies and equipment as well as conducts classes. In fact recently I have been discussing with T about taking up classes at Le Cordon Bleu (LCB) which is the de place that alot of people go to (there may be others that I am not aware of). To take a more in-depth/full-time class at LCB, I need to take a couple of months off work and commit myself to doing it. It's not a decision I can decide to take now, there are way too many considerations. At the moment, well this remains a dream. Anyway, the thing that makes me smile today is a friend told me that he wants to invest in my cake shop as a sleeping partner. It felt really good to have someone who believes in me and what I do. Thanks C, I am not sure if you get your return on investment so fast...

Last week was also a week of wrapping pressies, 3 to be exact, here is a picture of 2.


And a card for S who left us for Arizona to join her husband and will be back in 2 years. S, we can't wait to try your cooking! :)


Here are some photos from the recent UK hols.



I love this signage with a sewing machine hanging on it. How cool is that! This shop sells sewing machines.

I love the beautiful English houses. Generally, I like old English architecture, they usually have this charm around them.


This is my favourite photo. It's really serene, the white-haired old man with his dog, reading papers facing the peaceful lake. I think that's where I want to be when I am old. :)

I really missed this place when I came back! It's sooo peaceful and relaxing!



3 things that made me smile:
  1. C, who wants to invest in my cake business
  2. The people who believes in me and what I can deliver
  3. Skyping with the bestie and baby K who has grew sooo much! Such a sweetie now! Can't wait to carry you in my arms next CNY!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...