Monday 23 August 2010

A Restful Weekend

I finally had a pretty restful weekend. Besides catching up with my colleagues on Fri evening, sugar paste class on Sat, we celebrated Jeston's 3rd birthday on Sat, brekkie with the in-laws on Sun morning and some shopping in the afternoon. In addition to that I slept at 11pm on Sat till 9ish on Sun, it's a luxury to be able to sleep at 11pm these days having leaving office at 10pm and dinnering at close to 11pm. All in all, it was a great weekend! :) How was yours?

Some overdue pictures from my sugar paste class 2 Sat ago. We
made a fruit basket and had a lot of fun making the fruits in different shapes and sizes. I love how my purple blanket turned out. The kiddish purplish floral blanket reminds of how a little girl's blankie looks like.




I brought the cake for my dad's birthday and put my colourful candles from Bangkok to good use.


Little Jeston seems to be enjoying the cake. I would like to think that he's a discerning food connoisseur. ;)


Pictures from the 3rd class. How time flies! We will be into our 4th class this weekend and finishing it on the 4th Sep with a test. Pass the test then we get the diploma! I haven't thought of what to do yet for the finals! Minimum 2-tier cake...any suggestions anyone?






This is from our very sweet classmate, Salimah, who made the "glue" for us with this thoughtful nail polish container that allows us to easily brush it on our fondant and stick our decorations together.



3 things that made me smile:
  1. Jeston who turns 3 this Thu, was so glued to this particular page in the iPad toy story app that he repeated it at least 5 times to us on Sat. It was so funny thinking back and never failed to put a smile on our faces.
  2. The little surprise "glue" that Salimah made for us.
  3. A great weekend so far.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...